Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Momentum

A body in motion tends to stay in motion; a body at rest tends to stay at rest...right?

I guess I'm getting more accustomed to motion. It's been several days since I've walked, and I was starting to get a bit panicked about that tonight. I felt like momentum was trying to slip away from me (or maybe it was walking away?) and so I was bound and determined NOT to let it get away!

We were out running some errands tonight and got dinner out, too. I was dismayed to lose the daylight hours, because I was really in the mood to walk the neighborhood, but didn't really want to after dark. Fortunately for my momentum, we have a treadmill! We came home, I asked Hubby to take care of feeding the dog, I changed my clothes and shoes, and went upstairs for 36 minutes and 1.53 miles plus stretching.

It felt great!

I came downstairs and needed to make a pronouncement. This is what Hubbies are for, right? Pronouncing things to? I set it up just right..."Honey, I need to tell you something and I need you to realize that it might not be a big thing for you, but for me, it is..."And he stopped and waited...

"I jogged for a full minute and a half," I announced.

That didn't garner any real joyful enthusiasm from him, but before he said anything, he looked at my face. He saw that I was serious. And then he offered his words of loving support.

You really have to love and support people where they're at. Tonight, I jogged a full minute and a half. The part I haven't said yet is that first, I wanted to stop after a minute, but I didn't. I kept going that extra thirty seconds. The second thing is that I really do think that's the longest I've ever run in my life at one time. MAYBE in middle school I ran for that long, but I doubt it. And tonight, I did it.

It felt great!

And so, momentum, you are my friend right now. You are helping me move and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment